Monday, January 10, 2011

Last month in Cyprus

Dear Friends,
I think it is about time for me to try to wrap up the past semester, at least for now. I am sure the ridiculous and amazing memories will find a way to pop up again in future posts since they have already found a way to pop up in my mind every few seconds.

 The last month in Cyprus was a whirlwind of finals, nights out, packing, holiday celebrations, and sadly, saying our goodbyes. I took this time to adventure around the beautiful little island I had called home for the last four months. These island adventures consisted of a GLS group trip to Paphos and Limasol, managing to squeeze in one last trip to the North side to camp on amazing sand dunes, exploring a castle upon a hill, and a trip to the mountains for a quiet weekend away.

                                                                      Platres












Went on a 40ish km mountain bike ride. This resulted in taking the wrong trails, going halfway up Troodos, hunting unsuccessfully for the Muflan, a wipe out that left Ravi's bike broken for half of the ride, and making it back just before dark. 



Found this while exploring old town Nicosia 


Nights out with the faves 

I might kinda love this girl



Serenading each other while camping in Karpas


View from the castle

Thanksgiving! I managed to pull together somewhat of a thanksgiving feast. My cooking skills now include cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, pumpkin cheesecake, apple pie, mulled wine and a chicken (couldn't find a turkey). We had everyone over for the best substitute thanksgiving I could have asked for. 



Birthplace of Aphrodite


Until next time,
                         xo Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment