Sunday, October 3, 2010


After saying goodbye to Athens, we headed to Rome for two nights. We checked into our hotel and jumped on the subway to go see the Colosseum and go on a walking tour of Rome. 

View from the Colosseum

After the Colluseum, we followed the group on a walking tour for a few minutes. Soon as we saw the forum, Rav and I decided to sneak away to do our own exploring.

Some of the places we stubbled upon 

The next day we all went to see the Vatican. The Sistine Chapel was still amazing, and I made it into St. Pauls with no comments on my outfits or paper pants.  After, we got some lunch and did some more exploring of the city.

We then headed from Rome, to Pisa for the afternoon. 

We then arrived in Florence for two nights. 

Views of Florence 

After seeing views of the city, we went to our hotel and Rose and I got a bottle of wine and hung out on the patio for a while. Later I met up with Ravi and went exploring Florence at night. Day two in Florence consisted of a group trip of the Ufizi Museum. After Rose, Ravi, and I walked around for a while exploring and doing a good amount of shopping. That night we grabbed dinner and then met up with a good amount of the group to head to a nearby bar for the night, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Florence was an amazing city and somewhere I definitely want to go back and spend more time in .

the garden we found

the roomie and me

Some of the girls 

The next day we headed to Venice for the day/night. We got on a water taxi and headed to the main part of Venice to explore. We walked around for a while and grabbed some dinner before heading back. We arrived back at the hotel that night and got a group together to hang out with a few bottles of wine and a deck of cards, which led to a great night. 
waiting for the boat

Sadly the next day we had to leave and head back to Cyprus. Which led to a horrible day of traveling. After arriving at the Venice airport 2 hours to early to begin with so the other group could catch their flight to Barcelona, we discovered our flight was delayed half an hour. No big deal until half hour turned into an hour a half. As we  finally landed in Athens, we discovered our connecting flight was taking off at the same moment. Which led to us sitting in the airport for 5 hours until the next flight was going to leave. After a 16 hour travel day, I finally made it back to the apartment. But besides that the trip was amazing and I was not ready to head back here. I could have spent weeks in each of these places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment